Dearest Family!
Hello!!! I´m so happy to hear from you. I love you all so much. I will
answer the question you are probably anxiously waiting for.
I did not get transferred.
Sister Curtis did not get transferred.
I will also be training a new missionary.
We will be moving to Dresden because there isn´t enough space in Meißen.
AND we will be working in Meißen AND Dresden now.
Feel overwhelmed? ME TOO!!!!!!!!
So- to explain more, there aren´t enough Sisters in the mission to
have Sisters in Dresden anymore, so we have to take over their city.
We are so overwhelmed and we hope that we can figure everything out
and balance the Dresden and the Meißen investigators. But I know it
will work out. It´s crazy that Heavenly Father trusts us with this
crazy responsibility.
I will leave on Tuesday to stay in Berlin for a couple days. The
Sister there is also training so she won´t have a companion so I´ll go
be her companion until Thursday, when I will meet the third member of
our companionship! We are super excited to have the enthusiasm of a
new missionary to help us with all of this crazy work. The baptism is
still on for Friday and Sister Curtis will be holding down the stakes
while I´m gone and trying (I´m sure frantically) to get everything
ready for the baptism, new missionary, new apartment, new
investigators. I hope she doesn´t die! Please pray for her. I wish I
could be around to help her. This is definitely going to be a humbling
week, I´m sure.
So that´s the run down of how the first week of this transfer will
look. I hope it´s not as hectic as we are expecting it to be, but we
will see.
First of all SORRY that I never said thank you for the packet with the
Ensign. I got it maybe 3 weeks ago and I have been reading and marking
and learning a lot. I LOVED the letters and the pictures that I got.
Thank you so much for sending them. I can´t express how nice it is to
get mail and know people are thinking of you- which probably brings a
question to you- you can still write to me in Meißen. We will take our
lunch breaks at our apartment during the day, so we will be able to
check the mail there. Feel free to continue sending mail.
I´m glad you´re at peace about your teaching situation. The Lord
really does have everything in control. It´s like if we´re standing
next to the Empire State Building down at the bottom everything seems
so hectic and crazy and the cars are speeding by. But God is standing
at the top of the Empire State Building. Everything is slowed down
from up there. He can see where a car has been, where it is now, and
where it is going. And that´s why He can answer prayers because He can
see where the car will be going. I don´t know if that makes sense, but
I know that God has everything under control. I´m glad you feel that
way too. I really hope one day you can get a class and stay there
forever so you aren´t always wondering which grade you´ll be teaching
or if you´ll have a job. How come you´re the one who´s being juggled
around? Well hopefully one day you´ll be fest in a grade and have no
more questions about what you´ll do the next year. And that is crazy
that Rachel is in your grade. You´ll have to keep me up to date if she
keeps calling you Mrs. Niebergall. I hope things go well with this
hyper kid, and this probably sounds crazy because "I´m not normal"
right now, but Heavenly Father really has entrusted him to your care.
I know you can do it, and show this kid the love he needs to feel.
I´m sorry your foot is broken. Isn´t this the second time since I´ve
been out? Did Caitlyn break her foot? How old is she? Which Young
Women are in the Laurels? I hope your foot gets better soon and that
you aren´t walking around like a mummy saying "Coin! Coin!"
Too bad D.J. didn´t try out for Chamber. Does he regret it at all, or
is it really that bad with that teacher that it´s worth not taking
Chamber?
You asked about Sabine´s smoking, she hasn´t been able to give it up
yet. She really has been trying her hardest and we are praying so hard
that she can! I know she can do it, but she just really needs to trust
herself. I feel bad for her because she will be resisting and doing
fine, and then she smells someone else smoking in a room next door and
it´s too hard for her to not. Poor her. Please pray so hard for her.
Will you also be so kind as to put their names in many temples this
week? They need all the prayers they can get! That would really make
us happy. In order to be baptized, she has to be off smoking for a
day. Crazy huh? That scares me, because it makes it that much easier
to go back to it, but I know if she really has the desire to stop, she
can do it. Please pray for her. I know you already are.
The people in Germany sort of like to sing.... they do sing every
verse even if there are 8 verses. They aren´t very good singers, but I
would say Americans like to sing more than Germans, but Germans like
to be precise and sing the amount of verses that there are.
Robert did avoid jail this week. His mom lied to him- he didn´t even
have to go to court. He can´t read German, so she told him she got a
letter about the trial and made it all up. We said a great goodbye and
everything, but he was able to stay- that makes us really happy. We
don´t know if he´ll be able to make his baptism on the 23rd September,
but he will definitely be baptized one day. We were able to hold an
institute program here in Meißen and he came. We watched Finding Faith
in Christ and he loved it. He asked us why it couldn´t be a longer
film and why it was only 30 minutes. That made us really happy, but
that was the last we´ve seen him.
We had Sabine the mom at church and also Stanley. It´s SO HARD to get
people to church, but the most important thing.
Sabines and Anna have their baptismal interview tomorrow night at 6:00
PM our time so 10 AM your time. Could you pray that everything goes
smoothly for that? Once they pass the interview that will be a lot of
stress that will be taken off my shoulders.
I´m sorry, I left my planner in my suitcase because we were packing. I
can´t think of anything else that really stands out. OH! But we went
to the temple. That was nice, but I wasn´t able to pray in the temple
and so I left suuuuuuuper grumpy. I was searching for strength and
answers and didn´t even get the chance to pray. Naja. But I was able
to eat a good Döner after. I also threw up this week- we think it was
from the flu, but it was weird because it was right before I found out
I´m training. Everyone was like "Sister Niebergall, the baby is
coming!!" Because of my dream. But I didn´t throw up because of
nerves. Don´t worry. There has been lots of stress on my mission, but
I haven´t thrown up once because of nerves! I´ve really been blessed.
I´m so grateful that I can stay here in Meißen and help the people
here and start a new adventure in Dresden. It will be crazy, but I´m
excited to meet more people! I´m excited to meet this new missionary
and learn from her. I know this gospel is true. I know Joseph Smith
saw God and Jesus Christ and that we can get any answer we need from
the Book of Mormon. I love this Book! I want to read in its pages
every second of every day! Haha, I know it´s extreme, but I do love it
so much! Thanks so much for your support and for your prayers. I hope
you know I love you more than I can explain.
Love, Sister Niebergall
No comments:
Post a Comment